Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Because Joy tagged me....
I know it has taken me few days to finally get around to this. But I have a good reason and it was because my school term just started up again. So I had to get the new schedule and fix my job schedules to match. But I'm back and learning how to type correctly. But that is a different blog all together. And now with the List.


7 things I plan to do before I die:

1-I want to be happy: For some this isn't that big of a deal but for me I would hope that this doesn't elude me. Not saying that I'm a miserable person.
2-Travel: I want to go further than my home country and not have to worry about the cost of anything.
3-Be at peace with myself: I want to come to grips with the fact that I'll never be a "perfect size 6". I am not saying that I think I'm obese by any means I just can't help those moments when I feel insecure about myself.
4-Have a career: Right now I work yes. But I have two jobs. To me a job is something you do because it pays the bills. Not something that you actually love doing.
5-Own my home: I want this because I grew up in a house that my grandmother owned. I want my son to have a home in a house with grass that he has to mow.
6-See my parents in the same room: My parents were never married (at least not to each other) and I would like my parents to at least both agree on how much I have changed over the years. The tension is so serious with my parents. Once I was in the hospital and my mother wouldn't even ride in a car with my father to come see me. Yeah it is that deep.
7-Find my peace with my creator: I was raised Pentecostal and in some ways I still am. But as I have gotten older I have come to see some of the hypocrisies that are in the church. Before I die I want my bond with the creator to be complete.

7 things I can do:
1-I can roll my stomach: Yeah like a belly dancer. My godmother still teases me about that.
2-Hook up a weave: Hell I have worn enough of them that I should know. I am so happy I am out of that trap now.
3-Speak French: I took seven years of it. I better be by now. Funny thing is I can't speak "gypsy" (that's like a Jamaican pig Latin, can't do it for shit)
4-Remember totally useless information: For some reason weird things just stick in my damn head and never leave. If anyone is ever on "Who wants to be a millionaire" make me your life line. I swear you wont regret it.
5-Laugh at myself: If I bust my ass on a patch of ice in the winter, as long as I have not broken anything(and I probably would still laugh) I'll be the one laughing the hardest.
6-Do a handstand under water: I used to be on the swim team and sometimes there was nothing better to do.
7-Spin around not get dizzy: I think this might be because I used to spin around a lot as a kid. Didn't get dizzy then still don't now.

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex:

1-aggressiveness: Now I'm not talking about that whoop that trick aggressive. I mean that when he says do something you do it not because you are scared half to death but because he just got it like that.
2-Faith: It is a wonderful thing for a man to realize that there is something higher than himself.
3-Patience: I know that I can be a trying heifa sometimes...nuff said
4-Education: It doesn't have to be from an actual building of learning but it could be self taught. But I want him to at least have read a book. And understood it.
5-Wide shoulders: I can't explain this one but damn it I like it...
6-Cooking skills: I want a man who can cook or at least will try to. Now the Queen can burn but even if he can only make me a turkey sandwich and a cup o' noodle he'll have a place in my heart.
7-Some kind of mechanical skill: I want to know that if the sink is leaking I wont have to pull out the inflatable raft and oars.

7 things that I say most often:

1-Wow-zers: Don't ask. I picked it up
2-Hi luv: If I say this to you it doesn't mean anything I just call everyone luv or cookie.
3-You need to be kicked to sleep: I will say this to anyone who gets on my nerves.
4-Dude: I like this because it can be used for any situation.
5-sure: I will say this if I have no idea what you are saying and/or I have no intention of doing what you ask
6-Cool beans: I don't know why but I say it when I am in total agreement.
7-I want to go home: I am so used to being outside because of work and school that I say this even when I home. Sad but true.

7 celebrity crushes :

1-Don Cheedle: I don't care what anyone says, this man is hot! I feel in lust with him when he was in Rosewood.
2-Larenz Tate: I just love me some him. I have loved him since he was in the Women of Brewster Place. He was one of them bad ass kids. Yeah how many people know that one.
3-Omar Epps: I still will watch Love and Basketball over and over.
4-Jet Lee: Yeah I had to get the Asian dude in there.
5-Adrian Paul: Yeah token white dude.
6-Terence Howard: Yeah he's married to a Becky and his last role he wanted to "whoop dat trick" but he's still sexy as FUCK!!!!
7-Ky-Mani Marley: Yeah he's rasta and I would have to adapt to the weed smoke (sorry herb) but for him I'll give up some salt and meat.

7 people I want to do this :

1-Diva girl
2-Myrah
3-BklynNative
Well that's all cuz I don't know many people who actually have blogs. I finally got this up for ya'll. And damn if this wasn't hard.
 
posted by JamaicanQueen at 6:20 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Michelle Pessoa

    Terence Howard is gorgeous, but I absolutely hated Hustle & Flow. Why did that get good reviews?

    I found your blog by accident through a site called BlogMapping, which lets you find other bloggers in your neighborhood via zip code. It's kinda scary how much information is out there.

    Check out my blog sometime!

     
  • At Monday, October 17, 2005 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Beauty

    JESUS LOOOOORD I'VE FINALLY FOUND A WOMAN WHO WANTS A MAN WHO CAN COOK TOO!! YES YES YES! You said a sandwich? What the heck? He better cook some filet mignon and shit! LOL

    Larenz Tate, I forgot about him! He's so handsome. Not Terrence I don't like him, and it has nothing to do with Becky trust me.

    That was a nice post queen. :)

     
  • At Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:13:00 PM, Blogger NjDivaGirl

    Damn...I'm like two months late!!! DAMN! I didn't even know I was tagged....