Monday, August 14, 2006
Random Thoughts of the Day....
Last night another one of my son’s teeth came out and I am so proud. I don’t know what to do with myself. But I think that is like two teeth in the past two months. I have no idea if that is normal or not. I hope no more of his teeth come out soon. He has had a mouth full of teeth for so long that it is a little weird for me to see him with little gaps in his mouth from missing teeth.

I have yet to actually sit down and write my thesis for English. I know what I want to write about but I have no idea how or where to start. I have the materials from the electronic databases, some web sites, but no actual books yet. I should go to the lending library and see what they have on the subject. The problem is I have no desire to go all the way to Harlem to get some of the materials. I know it is lazy but you have to understand that I hate going uptown. And I swear I wouldn’t if I didn’t have sandwiches (inside joke with *Beloved) in Parkchester. I live in Brooklyn and I only work in MidTown. I pisses me off to go even a block out my damn way.

I have been told that I might get a promotion to a lending library. I really don’t want to go because it is out of the way and the position means that I would have to deal with the public more often than I do now. And I barely deal with them. But the pay is a little better than what I am making now. Aw hell who am I kidding? The pay is a lot better than what I am making right now. What I make now isn’t even on a bracket. If I get the position I will be making in the mid 20s. Not that this amount is even enough to live like a slob in NYC. But factor in that I have a child, now I make just enough to live like a really broke, staving and no light having slob.

I swear life stinks. Especially now, it is summer and folks either can’t afford deodorant or no longer care that they don’t have it. The level of B.O. in the city is ridiculous. I wonder how these people can even stand around themselves. I would run away from me if I smelled like half of these people do.

Speaking of the city, what the hell is in the water? Every where I go I see women who are all knocked up! It is like it is an epidemic. I have never seen so many breeders in my life at any one time. And I was pregnant so I have been to a maternity ward and to the damn check ups every month. But I swear I see a new bunch of pregnant women every few feet. And I swear if they rub their pregnant cooties on me I am going to scream. I swear I am starting to think that pregnancy is contagious. Three women at my internship just confirmed pregnancies and a few at my job! I really hope that they are not spitting their pregnancy spores into the damn air. I am so not having it!

Well that is enough of my randomness for today.
 
posted by JamaicanQueen at 5:54 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:39:00 PM, Blogger chele

    3 chicks at my job just came back from maternity leave ...

    LOL @ pregnant cooties.

     
  • At Friday, August 18, 2006 6:19:00 AM, Blogger BajanQueen

    Hello Queen...How it do?!?!

    Girl I know what you mean about the teeth, and the pregnancy thing.....OMG!!

    On my job there are sooo many women pregnant its scary!!

    I hang with 2 of um...both knocked up! Big ole pregnant belly all over the place. LOL

    I feel like don't get too close I don't want it rubbing off on me dang it! *smile*

    Congrats on the promotion!!

    I love the new look by the way.

    ~Smooches~

     
  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:03:00 AM, Blogger SmartBlkWoman

    Pregnancy is more contagious than the flu, I swear! I found out my cousin was pregnant, then found out I was pregnant with my daughter, and then two more of my cousins came up pregnant in the next few months and we are all about the same age.

    I wonder when they will come up with fool-proof contraception for women. Soon hopefully.